This Friday, Sept. 23, at 6pm Easter time, I’ll be teaching a Mises Academy Webinar discussing the America Invents Act, signed into law last Friday by President Obama. I discuss this webinar in a Mises Daily article today: Obama’s Patent Reform: Improvement or Continuing Calamity?.
In the webinar, I will:
- summarize the basic problem with patent law from a free-market perspective;
- present a series of real patent reforms that could make significant improvement in patent law (short of abolition);
- explain and critique the relevant changes made by the America Invents Act;
- briefly summarize other imminent IP legislation and treaties on the horizon; and
- respond to questions from attendees.
As both proponents and opponents of patent law recognize, these issues are of crucial importance for innovation and our economy. If you are interested in learning about the current direction of patent policy, you may find this class of interest.
P.s.: If you are interested in taking this course but cannot afford it (it’s $20), please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must log in to post a comment. Log in now.