Last Friday, I conducted a Mises Academy Webinar discussing the America Invents Act, signed into law Sept. 16 by President Obama. I discussed the webinar in a Mises Daily article, Obama’s Patent Reform: Improvement or Continuing Calamity? and discussed the AIA in further detail in The American Invents Act and Patent Reform: The Good, the Meh, and the Ugly.
In the webinar, I:
- summarized the basic problem with patent law from a free-market perspective;
- presented a series of real patent reforms that could make significant improvement in patent law (short of abolition);
- explained and critiqued the relevant changes made by the America Invents Act;
- briefly summarized other imminent IP legislation and treaties on the horizon; and
- responded to questions from attendees.
The audio of the webinar is available at: Kinsella Webinar: Obama’s Patent Reform (mp3), and streaming below; and the slides used are provided below as well.